“CSA” stands for Community Supported Agriculture, and is like a vegetable membership subscription to the farm season. By joining a membership program like this, you will be making a commitment to purchase produce for the entire CSA season, and are asked to pay in advance for the remainder of the CSA season. By paying in advance, you are helping to reduce the burden of up front costs faced by your farmers, and also allowing for more predictable and reliable week-to-week harvest expectations.
All CSA orders will be made through our online store, for pick-up or delivery the following Friday (farm only) or Saturday. CSA members also have access to the online store in advance of retail customers, and have first choice over the items each week.
Through our online store ordering system, you will be able to choose as much or as little as you would like each week, and even skip weeks. You will have full choice over what you would like in your share, and your purchases will draw from a set number of “credits”, loaded on to your online store account at the beginning of the CSA season.
- Share Size: We offer two sizes of Summer CSA Shares to choose from
- LARGE SHARE – $800 feeds a family of 4, or 2 veggie lovers ($40/week average spend).
- SMALL SHARE – $400 feeds 1 or 2 people, can supplement a garden ($20/week average).
- Pick-Up/Delivery Location: Choose between base pick-up locations
- Kitchener/Waterloo (pick-up at Cafe Pyrus Outpost – 150 Roger St., Waterloo)
- Woodstock/Ingersoll (pick-up at Milky Way Farm – 484872 Sweaburg Rd, Woodstock)
- Summer CSA Program Timeline
- The 2022 Summer CSA program runs for 20 weeks from May 21st to October 8th.
- The online store will be open for ordering Tuesdays at 9am, until Wednesdays at midnight.
- CSA members will have exclusive advanced access to order on Tuesdays, ahead of retail online store customers.
- Kitchener/Waterloo weekly veggie pick-ups happen every Saturday, at Cafe Pyrus Outpost from 10am-1pm, deliveries are made Saturdays between 9am and 1pm.
- Milky Way Farm pickups happen Fridays from 4-6pm, and Saturdays from 8:30-11:30am. Ingersoll/Woodstock deliveries happen Saturdays from 8:30-11:30am.
- We will be taking a gap week mid-season from August 1-7, so there will be no ordering that week.
- Any remaining “credits” at the end of the CSA Season will be available for use through the retail online store, open Wednesdays, year-round.
- Mutual Aid Shares
- We have several subsidized shares available for those facing food insecurity. These shares will be 50% of the cost of the regular share price. There will be no deposit required for these shares, and a monthly payment schedule (May, June, July, August) will be given. Please select “Subsidized Share” on the Sign-up form to access this option.
WHAT WE GROW
We grow a mixture of heirloom and hybrid varieties, striving for the best in flavour of: asparagus, arugula, basil, beans, beet, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celeriac, celery, cilantro, collards, cucumber, dill, eggplant, fennel, garlic, green onion, ground cherry, herbs, kale, kohlrabi, leek, lettuce, onion, parsley, parsnip, peas, pepper, potatoes, radish, rutabaga, salad greens, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, tomatillo, tomato, turnip, watermelon, zucchini.
We focus on season extension with a minimally heated greenhouse to lengthen the available season of each vegetable. Each week, we will offer every veggie item that we have available at that time, to allow you as much variety to choose from as we are able to produce.