“CSA” stands for Community Supported Agriculture, and is like a vegetable membership subscription to the farm season. By joining a membership program like this, you will be making a commitment to purchase produce for the entire CSA season, and in return will be given more value, compared to what you would pay through our retail online store. When you sign up for a CSA share, you will be asked to pay up front for the remainder of the CSA season. By paying in advance, you are helping to reduce the burden of up front costs faced by your farmers, and also allowing for more predictable and reliable week-to-week harvest expectations.
All CSA orders will be made through our online store, for pick-up or delivery the following Saturday. CSA members also have access to the online store in advance of retail customers, and have first choice over the items each week.
Through our online store ordering system, you will be able to choose as much or as little as you would like each week, and even skip weeks. You will have full choice over what you would like in your share, and your purchases will draw from a set number of “credits”, loaded on to your online store account at the beginning of the CSA season.
- Share Size: We offer two sizes of Summer CSA Shares to choose from
- LARGE SHARE – $800 (store credit value of $880 given) feeds a family of 4, or 2 veggie lovers ($40/week average spend).
- SMALL SHARE – $400 (store credit value of $440 given) feeds 1 or 2 people, can supplement a garden ($20/week average).
- Pick-Up/Delivery Location: Choose between base pick-up locations
- Kitchener/Waterloo (pick-up at Cafe Pyrus Outpost – 150 Roger St., Waterloo)
- Woodstock/Ingersoll (pick-up at Milky Way Farm – 484872 Sweaburg Rd, Woodstock)
- Summer CSA Program Timeline
- The 2021 Summer CSA program runs for 20 weeks from May 29th to October 9th.
- The online store will be open for ordering Tuesdays at 9am, until Thursdays at 10pm.
- CSA members will have exclusive advanced access to order on Tuesdays, ahead of retail online store customers.
- Weekly veggie pick-ups happen every Saturday, from 10am-12pm, deliveries are made Saturdays between 9am and 1pm.
- Any remaining “credits” at the end of the CSA Season will be available for use through the retail online store, open Wednesdays, year-round.
WHAT WE GROW
We grow a mixture of heirloom and hybrid varieties, striving for the best in flavour of: asparagus, arugula, basil, beans, beet, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celeriac, celery, cilantro, collards, cucumber, dill, eggplant, fennel, garlic, green onion, ground cherry, kale, kohlrabi, leek, lettuce, melon, onion, parsley, parsnip, peas, pepper, potatoes, radish, rutabaga, salad greens, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, tomatillo, tomato, turnip, watermelon, zucchini.
We focus on season extension to lengthen the available season of each vegetable. Each week, we will offer every veggie item that we have available at that time, to allow you as much variety to choose from as we are able to produce.