Our Farm Share program (formerly called CSA) is like a vegetable membership subscription to the farm season. By joining a membership program like this, you will be making a commitment to purchase produce for the entire season, and are asked to pay in advance for the remainder of the season. By paying in advance, you are helping to reduce the burden of up front costs faced by your farmers, and also allowing for more predictable and reliable week-to-week harvest expectations. You are also securing a share of the freshest, and healthiest produce for you and your family.
All Farm Share orders will be made through our online store, for pick-up or delivery the following Friday (farm only) or Saturday. Members also have access to the online store one day in advance of retail customers, and have first choice over the items each week.
Through our online store ordering system, you will be able to choose as much or as little as you would like each week, and even skip weeks. You will have full choice over what you would like in your share, and your purchases will draw from a set number of “credits”, loaded on to your online store account at the beginning of the season.
Back this season we will be offering all Farm Share Members a 5% discount on all produce, compared to prices in our retail online store. This discount will be applied directly through the farm share member catalogue in our online store, and will appear on all produce prices. This is our way of saying THANK-YOU to all of our members for your continued support.
- Share Size: We offer two sizes of Summer Farm Shares to choose from
- LARGE SHARE – $800 feeds a family of 4, or 2 veggie lovers ($40/week average spend).
- SMALL SHARE – $400 feeds 1 or 2 people, can supplement a garden ($20/week average).
- Pick-Up/Delivery Location: Choose between base pick-up locations
- Kitchener/Waterloo (pick-up at Cafe Pyrus Outpost – 150 Roger St., Waterloo)
- Woodstock/Ingersoll (pick-up at Milky Way Farm – 484872 Sweaburg Rd, Woodstock)
- Kintore (pick-up at Kintore Custom Hardwoods – 155999 15th Line, Kintore)
- Summer Farm Share Program Timeline
- The 2023 Summer Farm Share program runs for 20 weeks from May 20th to October 7th.The online store will be open for ordering Tuesdays at 9am, until Wednesdays at midnight. Farm Share members will have exclusive advanced access to order on Tuesdays, ahead of retail online store customers. Kitchener/Waterloo weekly veggie pick-ups happen every Saturday, at Cafe Pyrus Outpost from 10am-1pm, deliveries are made Saturdays between 9am and 1pm. Kintore pickups happen Saturdays from 9am-12pm. Milky Way Farm pickups happen Fridays from 4-7pm, and Saturdays from 8:30-11:30am. Ingersoll/Woodstock deliveries happen Saturdays from 8:30-11:30am.
- Any remaining “credits” at the end of the Farm Share Season will be available for use through the retail online store, open Wednesdays, year-round.
- We will take a “gap week” from August 1-5th, and will not be taking any orders that week.
- Mutual Aid Shares
- We have several subsidized shares available for those facing food insecurity. These shares will be 50% of the cost of the regular share price. There will be no deposit required for these shares, and a monthly payment schedule (June, July, August, September) will be given. Please select “Subsidized Share” on the Sign-up form to access this option.
WHAT WE GROW
We grow a mixture of heirloom and hybrid varieties, striving for the best in flavour of: asparagus, arugula, basil, beans, beet, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celeriac, celery, cilantro, collards, cucumber, dill, eggplant, fennel, garlic, green onion, ground cherry, herbs, kale, kohlrabi, leek, lettuce, onion, parsley, parsnip, peas, pepper, potatoes, radish, rutabaga, salad greens, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, tomatillo, tomato, turnip, watermelon, zucchini.
We focus on season extension with a minimally heated greenhouse and unheated hoophouses to lengthen the available season of each vegetable. Each week, we will offer every veggie item that we have available at that time, to allow you as much variety to choose from as we are able to produce.